Saturday, June 8, 2019

Sentence completion test #1

This is a significant date in musical history because, waaaaayyy back in 1985, the Tears for Fears song "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" reached #1 on the Billboard charts. The original is good, but there have been some cover versions that I like even more.  Seminal jazz trio The Bad Plus recorded my favorite (biased by the fact that we've seen them do this live twice).


Today, the estimable blogger Dr. Caligari featured another version by Weezer.


The song title reminds me of a college writing exercise that backfired.  Prof told us to write a page that completes the sentence phrase "Everybody wants to..."  He should have known better than to pose this question to bunch of horny, hung over sophomores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treid comment moderation but it was clumsy. I still reserve the right to delete offensive comments, so be nice.