Friday, September 14, 2007

paragraph breaks

Dear loyal readers (both of them):


Blogger seems to have deleted all of my paragraph breaks, not just in today's most recent post, but evidently all previous posts, too. I kind of like paragraph breaks. They are handy for many things, especially to tell the reader where one paragraph ends and the next begins. There is nothing in the Bill of Rights about paragraph breaks, so I suppose Blogger can unilaterally eliminate them and there's nothing I can do about it. I would like to know how to redress this grievance, which grievance is compounded by my inability to navigate the Blogger help system. I have spent much too much time trying and failing to fix this. If any experienced Blogger users can tell me how to restore paragraph breaks, I'd be grateful.


Thank you...


See! This is the perfect example! As written, this post had paragraph breaks after the salutation and before the "Thank you" but they vanished as soon as I hit the "publish post" button. Crap...

1 comment:

  1. What's next, eliminating punctuation? Which reminds me again of the chapter in "A Confederate General from Big Sur" in which the narrator amuses himself by counting the punctuation marks in Ecclesiastes and lists them in a ledger like Scrooge totting up his accounts recievable.

    ReplyDelete

I treid comment moderation but it was clumsy. I still reserve the right to delete offensive comments, so be nice.