Saturday, May 21, 2011

Indigo bunting

Like many other things in our life, the two bird feeders in our back yard are modest, and we sometimes forget to fill them.  We aren't 'birders.'  Mostly we get grackles and sparrows (and the steady stream of selfish squirrels).  The most colorful display was a day last week when, at the same time, there was a blue jay, a goldfinch, and a cardinal.

Today, we saw our first indigo bunting.  The sighting was more fun than I'd like to admit!

I'm still trying to think of a baseball pun.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this, Jim -- I smiled at "the sighting was more fun than I'd like to admit!" And the baseball pun comment. Come up with one yet?

    ReplyDelete

I treid comment moderation but it was clumsy. I still reserve the right to delete offensive comments, so be nice.